159th Czech Rectors Conference Plenum Meeting (CRC Annual Assembly)
Czech Rectors Conference (CRC) Plenum adopted at its 159th Meeting, CRC Annual Assembly, the following resolution:
- Considering the unfavorable epidemic situation in the Czech Republic, CRC appeals to a significantly more ambitious and faster vaccination plan, which gives the greatest hope not only for a quick return to schools, but also for the whole society to return into normality. CRC and Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) involved are ready to help and offer their capacities, both human and material.
- CRC is aware of the deteriorating epidemic situation in the Czech Republic. At the same time, CRC draws attention to the critical situation of students in graduation years, whose study requires practical training not implemented currently. CRC appeals to the Government of the Czech Republic and the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to work with HEIs to find a way that will enable these students to complete their studies in this academic year fully.
- CRC draws attention to that despite the increasing number of students with special needs studying at HEIs in the Czech Republic (e.g. students with health handicap), contributions from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports provided for the operations of centres for students with special needs for several years do not cover the basic financial needs of these centres. HEIs are therefore forced to co-finance these socially important centres to an increasing extent. CRC calls on the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to consider increasing the financial contribution to be provided in 2021.
- CRC draws attention to the significant affliction of catering and accommodation operations of dormitories and canteens as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and supports the efforts of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports to involve HEIs in the compensation programs COVID – Gastro and COVID – Accommodation.
- CRC asks the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports, in negotiations with the Council for Research, Development and Innovation and with tripartism, to demand that in addition to HEIs evaluations according to the 2017+ Methodology accessible to the general public, a detailed evaluation be prepared for each HEI summarizing the conclusions and recommendations from the meetings of individual panels. This evaluation would be non-public and would allow to obtain detailed feedback from the evaluated HEIs, which would contribute to the improvement of the quality of research activities at HEIs.
- CRC supports the proposal of the Czech Association of Nurses to amend the Act 96/2004 Coll., on non-medical health professions, concerning the staff reinforcement of nurses in health care facilities. As a result, this regulation will enable medical facilities to include students from these fields of study within the framework of performing work duties or their volunteering activities.
- CRC appeals to the inclusion of students of medical and non-medical health study programs in the vaccination strategy of the Ministry of Health.
Prague, 18 February 2021
On behalf of the Czech Rectors Conference
Prof. Petr Sklenička